It provides access to nearly 25 million unique chemical entities from over 400 data sources, with additional tools to upload, curate and use the data, and integrate it with other applications. Other functionality includes:
- the ability for you to contribute by uploading data collections; adding data, links, videos, audio to compound records, etc.
- ChemSpider SyntheticPages - a continuously updated, interactive database of synthetic chemistry; allows quick publishing of reactions, peer review, etc
- Web services to query and deliver data, and tools to embed structures and spectra
- the ability to search PubMed and RSC books, journals and databases using validated chemical name dictionaries
- mobile access, using iPhones and iPads and these links - cs.m.chemspider.com (ChemSpider) and cssp.m.chemspider.com (ChemSpider SyntheticPages)