This follows our very successful 6-month trial in 2012, and the subsequent agreement between Cambridge University Press and SHEDL, the Scottish Higher Education Digital Library consortium.
Cambridge Books Online offers extensive scholarly content from almost all academic subject areas - science, technology and medicine, humanities and social sciences.
A search for Cambridge Books Online in SAULCAT will now retrieve 5,216 e-books, comprised of:
- 1,940 permanent-access titles (published 2005-2006, 2012)
- 2,932 subscribed titles (published 2007-2011, 2013), with access until the end of 2013
- 344 previously purchased, permanent-access titles
Links into each individual e-book have been added to SAULCATNB: we also have permanent access to:
- Cambridge Histories Online (over 250 volumes of the Cambridge Histories reference series)
- as well as subscribing to Cambridge Collections Online (over 360 volumes in the Cambridge Companions book series)
NB: limited printing, copying/pasting, and downloading to PCs, mobile devices and tablets, is permitted