This is widely regarded as a definitive reference work for this subject, offering authoritative contemporary scholarship on the entire ancient Mediterranean world - Greece, Rome, the Near East and Pharaonic Egypt.
The online version of the 13-volume print work, offers:
- clear definitions and explanations of key people, places, and events
- hundreds of illustrations - photographs, figures, and maps
- new updates and regular revisions
- reference linking and export to reference manager options
- content sharing through Facebook, Twitter, and other social networking sites