With over 950 full-text entries and approximately 400 contributing scholars, the Encyclopedia is the authoritative reference work for research on all aspects of Hebrew language and linguistics, general linguistics, Biblical studies, Hebrew and Jewish literature, and related fields.
The Encyclopedia allows you to:
- search the full text by keyword and Hebrew character set, in addition to advanced search options
- navigate extensive cross-references via hyperlinks
- access tertiary treatment of a wide range of topics such as the Hebrew of various sources (texts, manuscripts, inscriptions, reading traditions), major grammatical features (phonology, morphology, and syntax), lexicon, script and paleography, theoretical linguistic approaches, etc
- receive annual updates with new articles, images, and multimedia, in particular sound recordings, beginning the year after publication
- benefit from a synthesis of scholarly research from Israel, Europe, North America, and Asia
NB: off-campus access uses your University account Username and Password