JISC Collections has negotiated time-limited discounted pricing for UK HE institutions that purchase either the first 4 or 8 archives, so we are keen to get quick feedback
NCCO is a scholarly digitisation project providing a wide range of searchable full-text primary sources for the 'long' 19th century (1789-1914); it is a sequel to Eighteenth Century Collections Online (ECCO).
It unites a wide range of previously unavailable primary sources, invaluable for a wide range of academic disciplines, and includes works in Western and non-Western languages, sourced from rare collections at libraries and other worldwide institutions. Read more here
Contents include: books and monographs, newspapers and periodicals, manuscripts, photographs, pamphlets, diaries and personal letters; maps and ephemera.
to explore the first 4 archives - they are:
• British Politics and Society
• European Literature, 1790-1840: The Corvey Collection
• Asia and the West: Diplomacy and Cultural Exchange
• British Theatre, Music,and Literature: High and Popular Culture
Later archives are still under development - with c. 400,000 pages being added daily - and include:
• Europe and Africa: Commerce, Christianity, Civilization, and Conquest
• Photography: The World Through the Lens
• Science, Technology and Medicine, 1780-1925
• Women: Transnational Networks
NB: feedback about this resource will assist the overall assessment, and would be much appreciated