It offers Land Cover Maps and data from the Centre for Ecology and Hydrology; the crucial information to help people understand the distribution of plants, rocks, animals and other coverings across a wide area.
You can either use Environment Roam to produce maps on screen and in various print formats, or you can download the data through Environment Download, for use in a Geographical Information System (GIS).
The data available provide a snapshot of land cover for each of the years 1990, 2000 and 2007. There are raster datasets available at 25m and 1km resolutions for each year and a vector version of the 2000 dataset. The data are in a range of formats depending on the year. More details are available in the Environment Digimap Help Pages.
To access Environment Digimap, please:
- login at - http://digimap.edina.ac.uk
- then select the Register/Activate button
- if you are already registered, you will gain access to the service; if not, you will be taken to the registration form
- registration can take up to 2 working days
- once your access is confirmed, you will then login using your University account details