We now have full access to The Vogue Archive - the complete archive of American Vogue - thanks to a new national agreement arranged by Jisc for UK Higher Education.
The content of Vogue is of central importance to research in history and culture - to subjects such as:
Textiles and dress; Fashion history; Popular culture; Gender studies; Photography and graphic design; Marketing and advertising, etc.
but it also provides a rich source for other areas of modern culture, changing social tastes, mores and aspirations.
- access is from the first issue in 1892, to the current month
- every page and advertisement is fully searchable, allowing you to find images by clothing type, designer, brand names, etc - all reproduced in high-resolution colour (from the 1930's/1940's onward)
|Vogue Dec 1892|
© Conde Nast
- you can view every page in full, including original advertisments, photographs, articles and illustrations, for context and understanding
- as well as preserving the work of the world's greatest fashion designers, stylists and photographers, Vogue forms a unique record of changes in American and international fashion, culture and society, from the dawn of modern times to the present day
- it includes access to the current month’s issue - a fascinating way to compare past and present