This database contains more than 300 3D rotational gross anatomy videos of real human anatomic specimens, which illustrate muscles, tendons, and joints making the same movements that they make in life.
The short videos are produced and narrated by a leading anatomist, and build complex structures step-by-step - from bone to surface anatomy.
Structures are clearly labelled, and PDF transcripts of each video help to reinforce learning and review, and provide a perfect visual complement to textbook learning.
- Vol 1: The Upper Extremity - 60 videos on the Shoulder, Hand and Arm
- Vol 2: The Lower Extremity - nearly 60 videos on the Hip, Knee, Leg, Ankle and Foot
- Vol 3: The Trunk - nearly 60 videos on the Spine, Thorax, Abdomen and Pelvis
- Vol 4: The Head and Neck - over 120 videos covering the Eye, Skull, Brain and related areas
- Vol 5: The Internal Organs and Reproductive Health – over 60 videos on the thoracic and abdominal organs, and reproductive health
The British Medical Journal wrote that "Robert Acland’s video atlas series ... has set about reinvigorating the subject through its crystal clear presentation of human anatomy."