Open Book Publishers was founded in 2008 by a group of academics at the University of Cambridge. It has since grown into an international network of scholars who believe that it is time for academic publishing to become fairer, faster and more accessible.
Open Access is seen as the future of academic publishing.
Our membership includes:
- 52 currently available e-books, which have been added to SAULCAT
- an additional 12-18 new scholarly Open Access research monographs, to be published in the next 12 months
- students and staff can read and download digital editions of any title, for free (in pdf,
epub, mobi formats)
- books can be read via the Open Book website, downloaded, re-used or embedded anywhere.
- permanent access to all titles
- 15% discount for staff and students, on print copies of the published titles, purchased through the Open Book website
Please see the Open Access LibGuide for information about the Library's Open Access work and staff contact details